Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Purse

So I thought that I needed a new purse design that was quite plain. I decided to try a simple slouch bag, but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to really like it. I was so wrong! I'm so loving this new bag! I plan on making myself one very soon.

I also love that there are no pattern pieces for this purse. All the pieces are rectangular so I can just cut them out with my ruler and rotary cutter. One of my least favourite things about sewing is pinning pattern pieces. It also means that there is very little wasted fabric, which also makes me very happy.

Here are a few pictures






















I especially love the inside. Because of the slouch you see a good amount of the lining so I put a band around the top of a coordinating fabric. It's some extra work, but I think it's totally worth it!






Two of these purses will be going to my sisters in Florida (hi Wendy and Amanda!) and I'll be making one for my sister in town soon too (she doesn't read this, but just in case, hi Sondra!).

Have a great day everyone!

Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love them all! (Wow, I need to find something new to say, haha :) (But it's the truth!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sew Lovely