Thursday, January 6, 2011

Vintage Linens Baby Quilt

I started a new quilt on the weekend. I decided to use vintage/thrifted bed linens (I now own around 20 sheets and a few pillow cases too!). Here is the quilt top finished.











The last few quilt tops I've made are still waiting to be basted and quilted, but this one is already about half quilted! In the past I've done all my quilting on my mom's Bernina, but she lives 25 minutes away and I really wanted to be able to quilt this one at home. I've only ever straight line quilted and that's what I had planned for this quilt. I have a walking foot for my Kenmore but it is having feed dog issues and the stitch length was all wonky. At the last minute I decided to try stippling with the darning foot. After practicing on a 6" x 6" piece I went for it!

It's definitely not perfect. A couple of times I've made loops or crossed over stitching, but overall, I'm really happy with it. My wrists, on the other hand, aren't so happy. I think it's just a pregnancy thing :)

Hopefully I'll have pictures of the finished quilt in the next few days. It'll feel good to have a finished quilt!

Have a great day!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Sew Lovely