Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby Quilt Fever

I don't know what has come over me. I've made two quilt tops in two days! I want to practice free motion quilting on some vintage sheet quilts before I attempt it on one of these. Hopefully my machine will be looked at this weekend so I can do some straight line quilting too!

This is my first quilt using a charm pack (Origins by Basic Grey for Moda). I really love how quickly it went together. The sashing is a Kona cotton (I have no idea what colour). You could use a jelly roll for the sashing too. They are 2.5" strips.





These fabrics I've had for about a year and a half. I wasn't sure how I'd like the end result - turns out I love it! It's a disappearing nine patch. All my block were 5" blocks and the borders are 2.5" strips so you could make this quilt with pre-cuts too!






I still plan on sewing my bags and purses but I'm having so much fun with these right now! :)

3 comments:

  1. I like them both, but I really love the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany, just discovered you from Lenae's blog. Especially love the second quilt. I really like your idea of using the vintage sheets. What all do you think you will use them for? Quilts only or?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice!

    I would love to make lots of things with them. A few other ideas I've had are bags, pillows, maybe some skirts for my girls. I've made some shoe bags out of them before too! I've seen so many things made out of them. Too bad I have more ideas than time! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sew Lovely